By Patty Slack
Would it surprise you to hear that between a quarter and a third of our regular Kairos staff meetings are spent in prayer? Or that in an hour-long meeting of church leadership, we might spend 30, 45, or even all of that hour praying? We regularly note evidence that our time spent in prayer is having an effect in the battle happening in realms we cannot see.
So, when we say we covet your prayers for church planters, we are not just paying lip service. We are inviting you to join us in battle. Church planters are on the front lines of the spiritual war. They know the enemy is real and they face him boldly, but they do not face him alone.
Here are 10 prayer prompts. Choose one or all to help you focus your prayers.
1. Pray for . . . God to raise up new planters
2. Pray for . . . God to protect the planters who are facing attack
3. Pray for . . . a church planter by name (if you don't know any church planters, leave a comment and we'll send you a list)
4. Pray with . . . faith that He hears
5. Pray with . . . a church planter, a minister, a person who is struggling
6. Pray against . . . Satan's attacks, which can get very personal
7. Pray in . . . unity with other believers
8. Pray for . . . someone you know who does now know Jesus
9. Pray around . . . your neighborhood, your park, your schools
10. Pray until . . . your prayers are answered, and then pray some more!
To get regular prompts on who to pray for, join the Kairos Prayer Movement!